Cake Zine Issue 1--Sexy Cake
Cake Zine is a hedonistic exploration of history, pop culture, literature, and art through sweets. The first issue, Sexy Cake, explores how cakes have tempted and tantalized us since the dawn of dessert. Over 68 pages of recipes, essays, illustrations, poems, and photographs, including:
- A historical exploration and critique of phallic cakes by Lexie Smith
- An essay on cake as a form of seduction with a recipe for gâteau au chocolat by Sanaë Lemoine
- Poems to spike your blood sugar by Annika Hansteen-Izora and Chala Tyson Tshitundu
- An interview with the artist and sex worker Lindsay Dye on the end of her illustrious career as a cake-sitter (yes, someone who sits on cakes), by Aliza Abarbanel
- A luscious photo essay featuring provocative cakes by Pretty Shitty Cakes, Mehreen Karim, and Gigi’s Little Kitchen, photographed by Laura Murray
- Plus a peek into New York’s steamy history of erotic bakeries, the internet’s finest cake smut, a Betty Crocker-style ad for boxed BDSM, and a whole lot more.