World-Class Swedish Cooking: Artisanal Recipes from One of Stockholm's Most Celebrated Restaurants by Bjorn Franzen and Daniel Lindeberg
Chefs Björn Frantzén and Daniel Lindeberg dish the kitchen secrets that have made their restaurant (Frantzén/Lindeberg) renowned as the Best Swedish Restaurant of 2012, earning two Michelin stars and delighted reviews from Swedes and tourists alike. From the raw, season-conscious ingredients to artistic plating, these one-of-a-kind dishes are the product of the uncompromising, detail-oriented chefs. Infuse some top-notch Swedish fun into your kitchen!
Frantzén and Lindeberg take readers on their journey to culinary stardom, and their passion shines through in this beautiful book. They weave their story and culinary theory together with the dishes themselves, including descriptions, recipes, and stunning photographs that capture their colorful and thoughtful design. Many dishes were created specifically for this cookbook, to be implemented in Frantzén/Lindeberg’s ever-changing menu following publication. Prepare to be amazed by this compilation of meat, poultry, fish, and vegetarian entrees; breads, cheeses/butters, and sides; salads and amuse-bouches; and desserts. This smorgasbord includes:
• Swedish crayfish with late autumn flowers
• Pork with caramelized sesame and apples and carrots and mild curry
• Poached and grilled guinea fowl with fried rhubarb and sage
• Roast duck glazed with white miso
• White and green asparagus with cilantro, lime, and lemongrass
• Sweet, salty, and sour macarons
• Salted caramel ice cream with chocolate and toasted canola oil
With a foreword from novelist Mons Kallentoft and easy-to-navigate indexes of recipes and ingredients, World-Class Swedish Cooking is a must-have for every ambitious cook or restaurateur.